GIFTS OF STOCK
Your generosity supports the Society of St. Vincent de Paul USA’s mission of helping Vincentians to grow in holiness and build a more just world through personal relationships with and service to people in need.
Benefits of transferring stock directly to the Society of St. Vincent de Paul USA:
· You can eliminate capital gains tax you would owe (if you owned the appreciated stock for more than a year).
· You may be able to secure a charitable tax deduction on that year’s itemized income taxes.
· The Society of St. Vincent de Paul will receive the full value of your generosity.
· Stock gifts can be designated toward a specific Society program; or may be used toward our most urgent needs.
Note: Make sure you transfer the stock directly to The Society of St. Vincent de Paul versus selling it and then sending the proceeds. The value of a gift of stock is based on the average selling price on the day the stock is transferred to us.
Instructions, Part I
Please provide this information to your stockbroker or financial institution:
National Council of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Account Information at Buckingham Strategic Wealth:
DTC #: 0226
Account #: 628-178643
Account Name: National Council of the United States, Society of St. Vincent de Paul Inc.
Tax ID #: 13-5562362
Instructions, Part II
Please provide the following information in your communication so that we can personally thank you and send a tax receipt:
· Name of the stock(s)
· Number of shares
· Designation, if applicable
· Transaction date
· Name of financial advisor or institution transferring your stock
For questions and/or assistance, please contact:
Dennis Kempf, Director of Philanthropy
Society of St. Vincent de Paul USA
66 Progress Parkway
Maryland Heights, MO 63043-3706
(314) 576-3993 x222
We are so grateful for your faith and generosity!